The K computer is utilized by researchers in Japan and abroad for a wide range of purposes, such as shortening the development time for new drugs, improving the precision of disaster forecasting including earthquakes and tsunamis, cutting the time and cost of new vehicle development, and improving their safety performance.
|Sample Plan||【Sample tour plans】
30 min: Video of the development and track record of K (short version), tour of K, Q&A
60 min: Video of the development and track record of K, briefing on the results obtained by K to date, tour of K, Q&A
90 min: Video of the development and track record of K, briefing on the results obtained by K to date, tour of K, tour of facilities, Q&A
* The facilities tour will consist of seismic isolation and air conditioning systems. Tours will not be given of laboratories.
* We may not be able to give a facilities tour if your group is large.
* Advance registration for tours is accepted for groups only (groups of 5 - 60 people. Please consult with us if otherwise).
* Tour times are 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except for weekends and holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, days on which Riken is closed, and on days in which events are being held)
* Tours take about 30 - 90 minutes.
* The briefing consists of general information on K.
* Tours are free of charge.
|Notes||・Advance reservations are required for the tour. Please send your application form no later than 15 days before the day on which you wish to have the tour.
* Application form: https://www.aics.riken.jp/jp/outreach/library/eventlist/forms/sitetour150127.html
* Please note we may not be able to accommodate your request if we are already full on that day.
・As a rule, we do not give tours for profit or for a fee.
* If you are collecting money from your participants for transportation etc., please state clearly that the “tour of K is free of charge.”
・Please note we may not be able to accommodate your desired date or time due to various reasons.
・Your tour may be photographed for purposes of keeping records and may be posted on our website or Facebook page for PR purposes.
If you do not wish for photographs to be taken of your group, or if you do not wish for photographs to be posted on our website or Facebook, please let us know in advance or on the day of your tour.
|Address||7-1-26, Minatojima-minamimachi, Chuo-ku Kobe-shi, Hyogo|